Become a Friendship Pal
If you would like to befriend a local English language learner, please complete the Friendship Partner Information form. Alternatively you can download, print, complete and email completed form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Volunteer
We have an ongoing need for volunteer teachers, aides, tutors, fundraisers, and more. If you’d like to get involved, please complete the volunteer application form. Alternatively you can download, print, complete and email completed form back to us at email@example.com.
We have so many wonderful people to thank for the continued success of Friendship Community Project!
Thank you to Richard Koontz, Director of the Larned A. Waterman Iowa Nonprofit Resource Center for providing us with all the critical know-how for starting up a nonprofit.
Thank you to Pastor Chris Arch and the Good News Bible Church for providing us with classroom space for our English language classes and helping us get the word out in the immigrant community.
Thanks to our Board of Directors: Livia Centeno, Sylvia Dean, Kay Nebergall, Franco Pesce, Susan Prepejchal, Linda Schuchert, and Yolanda Spears.
Thanks to Alexander Goloshchapov, for his enthusiastic and tireless help in setting up our website and for financing our domain name, to Thomas Dean for awesome general support and book keeping and to Bob Richardson for his work as registrar, tech advisor, student assistant and conversation group leader.
Thank you to our teachers, aides, tutors, director and other volunteers. This year’s staff has been:
- Susan Prepejchal, Director
- John Loomis, advanced instructor
- Dona Saforek, intermediate instructor
- Lorraine Whittington, beginning instructor
- Angela Hayes, pre-beginning instructor
- Mallory Martins, Caroline Brown, tutors
- Mike Gregory, George Sauerberg, Jackson Guilford, Erin Durian and Alex Marti, Pakshi Desai, and Nicole Hehr, classroom aides
- Pat Mawela, Stefania Acosta, Elsiddig Yousuf, Gedo Bushra, Nancy Keith, Grazi Kleiber Mendes, Livia Centeno, interpreters
Thank you as well to volunteers Gabriela Tobias (photography), Andras Tasi (graphic design), Laura Shoemaker (newsletter), Sylvia Dean (fundraising), Nibedita Roy (computer skills instruction). It has been a pleasure to work with you this past year!